Cutting chicken breasts into thin cutlets helps them cook quickly on the grill – if you can find pre-sliced cutlets, use them instead and save yourself the prep work. A quick blender sauce with fresh basil and lime is smothered over top for a zesty, spicy kick.
½ tsp sea salt
1. Prepare sauce: add all sauce ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Set aside.
2. Prepare chicken: in a large bowl, add lime slices, basil, oil, garlic, soy sauce and cumin; stir to combine. Add chicken to bowl, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Prepare vegetables: Preheat a BBQ grill to medium-high and lightly grease. In a bowl, toss together zucchini, 1 tsp oil, ½ tsp salt and cumin. Brush corn with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt. Place corn and zucchini on BBQ grill; close lid and cook, turning occasionally, until tender and grill-marked, 10 to 14 minutes for zucchini and 15 minutes for corn. Transfer to a large baking sheet; cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
4. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread tomatoes. Brush tomatoes and green onions with remaining 2 tsp oil and sprinkle with remaining ¼ tsp salt. Place on BBQ grill; close lid and cook, turning occasionally, until tender and grill-marked, 2 to 3 minutes for green onions and 3 to 5 minutes for tomatoes. Add to baking sheet; cover to keep warm.
5. Reduce heat to medium. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with ½ tsp salt. Place on BBQ grill; close lid and cook, turning once, until no longer pink inside, 6 to 10 minutes. Transfer half of the chicken to a plate; let cool, then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for another meal the next night. Cover remaining chicken loosely with foil to keep warm.
7. In a separate large bowl, toss together corn kernels, zucchini (chopped, if desired), tomatoes and 2 tbsp sauce; divide among plates. Divide chicken among plates. Chop green onions (or leave whole, if desired), sprinkle over top and drizzle with remaining sauce.
Comments will be approved before showing up.