Roasted Lemon Chicken with Potatoes & Artichokes
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dried oregano + additional for sprinkling
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp sea salt + additional for sprinkling
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, halved (or swap in 2 thighs or drumsticks for each breast for a mix of pieces)
- 4 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 140g frozen quartered artichoke hearts, thawed and patted dry
- 45g baby potatoes halved
- mint leaves, lemon wedges and pomegranate seeds, for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 3 tbsp oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper (or mist pan with cooking spray).
- Arrange chicken on pan. Add shallots, artichokes and potatoes and spread evenly around the chicken. Drizzle vegetables with remaining ½ tbsp oil. Sprinkle everything with additional oregano and salt.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until chicken, is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 75°C on an instant-read thermometer in thickest piece without touching bone. Transfer to a platter and garnish with mint, lemon wedges and pomegranate seeds (if using).
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
Calories: 491, carbohydrate content: 21.5g, cholesterol content: 153 mg, fat content: 19g, fibre content: 4g, protein content: 57g, saturated fat content: 5g, sodium content: 496mg, sugar content: 2.5g, monounsaturated fat content: 9g, polyunsaturated fat content: 3.5g
Recipe originally published on Clean Eating Magazine: https://www.cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/roasted-lemon-chicken-with-potatoes-artichokes-recipe
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.