- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly spray 4 small ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder and Sucanat; whisk in applesauce and oil.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk egg and egg white and add to cocoa mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in flour and vanilla until flour is combined completely; do not over mix. Divide mixture evenly among prepared ramekins, place on a baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes. Centres should be soft but sides firm. Invert ramekins onto serving plates; let stand a few minutes before removing cups. Garnish each cake with fruit slices, if desired, and serve warm.
Serving Size: 115g cake Calories: 250 Carbohydrate Content: 32g Cholesterol Content: 32mg Fat Content: 13g Fibre Content: 5g Protein Content: 6g Saturated Fat Content: 2.5g Sodium Content: 40mg Sugar Content: 17g
* Recipe first published on Clean Eating Magazine